Share it With friends
Day 1: Arava Border – Petra
Our representative will meet you upon arrival on the Jordanian side of Arava Border and assist with your entry and visa to Jordan. After, meet the driver and guide continue to Petra for the site visit. The site is accessed by walking through a kilometer-long chasm (known as the Siq), the walls of which soar to a height of 200m. Petra's most famous monument, the Treasury, appears dramatically at the end of the Siq, carved out of the sheer, dusky-pink rock face. Miraculously well preserved, this massive 43-meter-high façade dwarfs everything around it and perfectly represents the engineering genius of the Nabataeans. While you wander through literally hundreds of tombs, temples and colonnaded streets, your mind finds it easy to picture caravans loaded with frankincense, spices and textiles travelling through the Siq. After the guided tour, have lunch inside Petra at Al Basin Restaurant, then with your guide, discover more of Petra's beautiful and awe-inspiring buildings and scenery. Dinner and overnight camping in Petra.
Day 2: Petra – Wadi Gwheir Trekking to Feynan Copper Mines
Breakfast at the camp, then with your guide, continue to Shobak, the start of the Wadi Ghuwair trek. Often hailed as one of the most spectacular hikes in Jordan, this beautiful but demanding trail guides us through a canyon of tropical foliage. It feels like wandering through a “lost world.” Starting down a steep paved road outside of the small town of Mansoura in the vicinity of Shobak, the trail quickly veers off into a stream bed lined with pink oleander, eventually flowing into the siq or slot canyon with towering sandstone cliffs rising up in infinite rings of red color. Mile after mile, hop to and from rocks, wading in and out of water that suddenly forms deep, swimmable pools, then just as quickly disappear into an underground aquifer. The end of the canyon passes through a tropical forest, complete with palm tree oasis and hanging gardens, eventually spilling out into the Feynan Valley. From there, we explore Khirbet Feynan 6,000-year-old copper mines, once the largest operation in the Near East and also mentioned in the Bible. Dinner and overnight in Feynan.
Day 3: Feynan – Arava Border
Breakfast, then another beautiful morning trekking around Dana Biosphere. This hidden gem is an eco-tourist’s dream and also a destination for adventurers, history buffs, archaeologists, hikers, and nature lovers. It is the largest reserve in Jordan and includes a variety of unique terrain. After, we will transfer to Arava Border.
The program includes:
- Meet and assist upon arrival on the Jordanian side of Arava Border
- Visa to Jordan for non-restricted nationalities
- Private transportation throughout the tour with modern full option A/C tourist vehicle
- English speaking driver throughout the program
- Private English speaking guide throughout the program
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the program
- Lunch inside Petra at Al Basin Restaurant
- Lunch during the trek on Day 2
- 2 nights’ accommodations including dinner and breakfast
The program does not include:
- Departure taxes at the border
- Personal travel insurance and expenses
- Any meals unless mentioned
- Drinks in general
- Tips for the guide, driver, and hotel staff
- Any other expenses not mentioned